The City of Algoma is committed to fair and equitable assessments for all properties in the City.
The annual assessment roll is prepared in accordance with:
- Wisconsin State Statues Chapter 70
- Wisconsin Property Assessment Manual
- Professionally accepted appraisal practices
Peterson Appraisals, Inc.
What can I do if I do not agree with my assessment?
- Open Book - The City Assessor holds Open Book at City Hall in May to allow residents the time to
meet with him to discuss their assessment. If the resident still does not agree with their assessment after
that point the resident then should go to the Board of Review.
2. Board of Review - The Board of Review meets every year after Open Book to review and examine the
Assessment Roll of real and personal property in the City of Algoma. The Board will correct all errors in said
roll, hear objections and perform other duties imposed by law. Anyone wishing to appear before the Board
of Review must request a meeting time with the Board and must file a formal objection form with the City
Clerk before the Board of Review meeting date. If the resident is still not agree with their assessment they
will then have to contact the State of Wisconsin.
- Click Here for the Objection Form for Real Property Assessment - you will need to return this completed
form back to City Hall to make an appointment to appear in front of the Board of Review.
- Click Here for the Objection Form for Personal Property Assessment - you will need to return this
completed form back to make an appointment to appear in from of the Board of Review.