Work Permits are required for 14 and 15 year olds upon being hired by an employer.
A work permit maybe obtained at Algoma City Hall during normal business hours. To obtain a work permit the following is required:
- The child obtaining the permit MUST be present to sign the actual work permit
- One of the Following: Birth Certificate/Baptismal Certificate/Wisconsin ID Card/Drivers License (A Temporary License is acceptable)
- Social Security Card (Copies will not be accepted)
- A letter from the employer stating what the child's job responsibilities will be
- Parent's written permission to obtain a work permit and work at the job in which the permit it to be issued for.
- $10.00 fee - if the employer does not provide the $10.00 fee up front, the $10.00 should be reimbursed on the first paycheck.
Work Permits are required by Wisconsin Law BEFORE starting a new job!