Residential - 1 & 2 Family
New Structure - 1 & 2 Family Homes: (Fees include building, electric, plumbing, HVAC and erosion)
- 0 - 1,499 sq. ft. $825.00
- 1,500 - 1,999 sq. ft. $925.00
- 2,000 - 2,499 sq. ft. $1,100.00
- 2,500 - 3,000 sq. ft. $1,175.00
- over 3,000 sq. ft. $1,175.00 + $0.10 per sq. ft. over 3,000 sq. ft.
- Manufactured Dwellings $500.00
State Seal - $35.00
- Building $0.12 per sq. ft. (all areas) - $75.00 Minimum
- Electric, Plumbing, & HVAC (each)
- 0 - 500 sq. ft. - $50.00
- 501 - 1,000 sq. ft. - $60.00
- 1,001 - 1,300 sq. ft. - $75.00
- 1,301 - 2,100 sq. ft. - $100.00
- 2,101 - 2,500 sq. ft. - $125.00
- Over 2,500 sq. ft. - $0.05/sq ft.
Early Start - (Footing and Foundation Only) - $75.00
Electric Service - $50.00 Residential
Erosion Control (additions only, over 400 sq. ft.) - $40.00
HVAC (New or Replacement Units) - $40.00 per unit
Manufactured Homes - HUD Homes or House Trailers (Fee includes slab, electric service & occupancy) - $200.00
Temporary Occupancy - $50.00
Detached Garages (200 sq. ft. and up) - $0.10 per sq. ft. (minimum $50)
Storage Buildings (under 200 sq. ft.) - $30 each
Deck - $0.10 per sq. ft. (minimum $50)
Electrical - $0.04 per sq. ft. (minimum $40)
Commercial & Multi-Family Projects
New Buildings, Additions, Alterations or Remodels:
- Building $0.14 per sq. ft.
- Electric,plumbing, & HVAC
- 0 - 600 sq. ft. - $60.00
- 601 - 1,250 sq. ft. - $75.00
- 1,251 - 1,700 sq. ft. - $100.00
- 1,701 - 2,100 sq. ft. - $125.00
- 2,101 - 2,500 sq. ft. - $150.00
- over 2,500 sq. ft. - $0.06/sq. ft.
- Storage Buildings, Warehouses or Detached Garage $0.10 per sq. ft.
Early Start - $100.00
Electric Service - $60.00
Erosion Control - $75.00
HVAC (New or Replacement Units) - $50.00 per unit
Plan Review (other than state review) - $100.00
Re-roof/Residing - $30.00
Temporary Occupancy, Change of Use or Occupancy - $50.00
Fence Permit - $40.00
Restrictions on Fences:
- No barbed wire or electrically charged fence shall be permitted, except in a manufacturing district.
- No fence shall exceed 6 feet in height.
- That portion of the fence located from the building setback line to the street right of way line shall not exceed 4 ½ feet in height.
- On corner lots where a front or side yard exists, no fence, hedge, building or other obstruction shall exceed 3 feet in height, as measured from the established grade of the street, so as to interfere with clear vision from one street across the corner to the other street.”
- Fences along the front of a lot, or a side lot that is parallel to a street, shall be set back at least 2 feet from the edge of a sidewalk, where a sidewalk exists, or at least 1 foot from the property line in the absence of a sidewalk.
- In instances where the abutting property owner is other than the City, the finished side of the fence shall face the abutting property.
- In instances where the property abuts an alley, the fence must be set back a minimum of 3 foot from the property line, and the finished side of the fence shall face the abutting property.
- Where there is an easement for utilities, a minimum 4-foot gate, or access point, must be provided.
Sign Permits - $40.00
Temporary Sign Permits - $5.00/day (Maximum $40)
Razing Fee (Commercial or Residential Building Demolition) - $50.00
Re-Inspection Fee - $35.00
Failure to Call for Inspection - $35.00
Fees Double If Work is Started Before a Permit is Issued!
Extension to Permit (Permits are valid for 24 months) - Minimum Fee for permit
Certificate of Occupancy
Certificate of Occupancy permit is required. The Building Inspector shall have issued a Certificate of Occupancy stating that the structure is ready and suitable for occupancy and is in conformity with Chapter 15 of the Municipal Code of the City of Algoma.