close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Senior Citizen Tax Preparation Services

Attention Kewaunee County Residents age 60 and over:

Prior to the COVID pandemic, our agency was fortunate enough to partner with a group of AARP tax preparers who offered their free tax preparation services to retired people in Kewaunee County. Unfortunately, this ended when the pandemic hit and we were unable to start it up again in the years that followed. We received wonderful news in December that these AARP tax volunteers would once again partner with our agency to offer this service once again.

The process will look different than it has in the past but will still be a wonderful service for Kewaunee County residents. TIME SLOTS ARE LIMITED.  Interested Kewaunee County residents will pick up a packet at the ADRC office located at 810 Lincoln Street in Kewaunee any day after February 1st. This packet must be filled out prior to their first appointment. The first appointment will be March 17, 2023 at Algoma City Hall located at 416 Fremont Street in Algoma. Residents can make their appointment at the time they pick up the packet at the ADRC. During the first appointment, residents will meet with a Client Facilitator who will check you in and verify your ID and Social Security number. Even if you have had your taxes done in previous years, your personal information needs to be verified. You will then meet with a Tax Counselor who will go through your tax documents and the completed packet. You will leave your documents with the tax counselor and return for the second appointment on March 31st at Algoma City Hall at which time the AARP tax volunteers will distribute the completed tax forms and review them with the resident. The second appointment will be scheduled when you make the first appointment at the ADRC.   

The resident will bring the completed packet to the first appointment along with the following items:

*Social Security Card

*Photo ID

*Paper copies of all tax forms you received (Social Security statements, W-2’s, 1099’s, etc.)

*Health insurance premiums

*Rent certificates if applicable for Homestead Credit

*Property tax statement if you own your home

*tax return from the previous year

*a voided check

You can call the ADRC with any questions at 1-877-416-7083.