Building Inspector - Brett Guilette
Office Hours at City Hall: Tuesday 8:00 A.M. - 9:30 A.M.
Office Phone: (920) 487-5203
Cell Phone: (920) 495-3232
Residential - 1 & 2 Family
New Structure - 1 & 2 Family Homes: (Fees include building, electric, plumbing, HVAC and erosion)
- - 1,499 sq. ft. $850.00
- 1,500 - 1,999 sq. ft. $1,000.00
- 2,000 - 2,4900 sq. ft. $1,100.00
- 2,500 - 3,000 sq. ft. $1,150.00
- ver 3,000 sq. ft. $1,150.00 + $0.10 per sq. ft.
- Manufactured Dwellings $500.00
- Duplexes add $100.00 to the above fees
State Seal - $35.00
- uilding $0.11 per sq. ft. (all areas) - $75.00 Minimum
- lectric, Plumbing, & HVAC
- 0 - 600 sq. ft. - $40.00
- 601 - 1,000 sq. ft. - $50.00
- 1,001 - 1,500 sq. ft. - $75.00
- 1,501 - 2,500 sq. ft. - $100.00
- Over 2,500 sq. ft. - $0.04/sq ft.
Re-roof/Residing - $30.00
Electric Service - $45.00 Residential
HVAC (New or Replacement Units) - $40.00 per unit
Manufactured Homes - HUD Homes or House Trailers (Fee includes slab, electric service & occupancy) - $150.00
Temporary Occupancy - $50.00
Early Start - (Footing and Foundation Only) - $50.00
Erosion Control (additions only) - $35.00
Accessory Structures > 150 sq. ft.
Detached Garages, Decks (All Sizes) or Storage Buildings:
- $0.08 per sq. ft.
- $40.00 Minimum
- Add $40.00 if electric is installed
New Buildings, Additions, Alterations or Remodels:
- uilding $0.12 per sq. ft. - $75.00 Minimum
- Electric, lumbing, & HVAC
- 0 - 600 sq. ft. - $50.00
- 601 - 1,250 sq. ft. - $75.00
- 1,251 - 2,000 sq. ft. - $100.00
- 2,001 - 2,500 sq. ft. - $125.00
- over 2,500 sq. ft. - $0.04/sq. ft.
- Storage Buildings, Warehouses or Detached Garage $0.08 per sq. ft.
Re-roof/Residing - $30.00
Temporary Occupancy, Change of Use or Occupancy - $50.00
Early Start - $100.00
Electric Service - $55.00
HVAC (New or Replacement Units) - $50.00 per unit
Erosion Control - $75.00
Plan Review (other than state review) - $100.00
Fence Permit - $40.00
Restrictions on Fences:
- No Fence shall exceed 7 feet in height
- The portion of the fence located from the building setback line to the street line shall not exceed 4 1/2 feet in height.
- The finished side of the fence shall face the abutting property
- No barbed wire or electrically charged fence shall be permitted in the City.
- On corner lots where a front or side yard is required, no fence hedge, building or other obstruction more than 3 feet in height measured from the established grade of the street shall be placed so as to interfere with clear vision from one street to the other across the corner.
Sign Permits - $40.00
Temporary Sign Permits - $5.00/day (Maximum $40)
Re-Inspection Fee - $30.00
Failure to Call for Inspection - $30.00
Fees Double If Work is Started Before a Permit is Issued!
Extension to Permit (Permits are valid for 24 months) - Minimum Fees
Re-zoning, Variance, Annexation and Others - $250.00 per Hearing.
Please contact City Hall at (920) 487-5203 to discuss setting up a hearing.
Certificate of Occupancy
Certificate of Occupancy permit is required. The Building Inspector shall have issued a Certificate of Occupancy stating that the structure is ready and suitable for occupancy and is in conformity with Chapter 15 of the Municipal Code of the City of Algoma.
A special license must be obtained from City Hall to perform electrical work within the City. The special license shall be issued to a Wisconsin State Licensed Master Electrician and the fee shall be $20.00 per year. Please contact City Hall at (920) 487-5203 to obtain a license.