Police Records Request
ACCESS TO ALGOMA POLICE REPORTS
HOW CAN I REQUEST RECORDS?
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Call the APD Records Department at (920) 487-3311; or
- In person between 9:00am – 2:00pm, Monday – Friday (closed most holidays); or
- By mail (with prepayment) to:
Algoma Police Department
416 Fremont Street
Algoma, WI 54205
HOW LONG DO REQUESTS TAKE AND HOW MUCH DO THEY COST?
Generally, record requests take 7-10 business days for processing. The cost is 25¢ per page and $12 per disk (photos, audio or video recordings).
WHAT IS NO LONGER GENERALLY AVAILABLE?
Under 18 U.S.C. § 2721(c), a Federal privacy act known as the Drivers Privacy Protection Act (DPPA), the following personal information is not available to the public:
- Date of birth
- DMV Photograph
- Social Security Number
- Telephone Number
- Medical or disability information
- Driver’s license numbers and physical descriptors
- Vehicle registration plate numbers and related information
- Vehicle identification Numbers (VIN)