Mailing Address: 416 Fremont Street, Algoma, WI 54201
Normal Office Hours: 8:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. Monday - Friday
Phone Number: (920) 487-5203
Fax Number: (920) 487-3499
General E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Records Request
All records, except those specifically exempted by law, are open records that are available to the public. All
requests must be made in writing. You can mail or drop off your request to City Hall, 416 Fremont Street,
Algoma, WI 54201. Your request must contain your name, phone number and date you are filing your
request. New documents do not have to be created or additional analysis does not have to be done for a
records request. Public records requests are for currently existing documents. If a document does not
exist, it is not a public record. Any photocopies of records will be made for a copying fee of $0.15 per page.
If searching for the document takes over 2 hours of staff time a charge of $25.00 per hour will be charged
to the requester for each additional hour. The request will be completed within 10 business days.
- All Algoma City Residents vote at City Hall in the Council Chambers.
- Polls are open from 7:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. on Election Day
- To register to vote please click here for the Wisconsin Voter Registration Application and return the
completed form to City Hall before or on Election Day. Please note you will need to provide proof of
residency. Any one of the following is accepted as proof of residency: a Wisconsin Driver's License
with your current Algoma address, a Utility Bill with your name listed on the account or a bank
statement with your name on the account.
- To receive an absentee ballot please complete the Wisconsin Application for Absentee Ballot and
return the completed form to City Hall by 5:00 P.M. on the Thursday before the current Election. To
receive an absentee ballot you must be registered at your current address.
- Tax notices are sent to all Algoma taxpayers' by mid-December.
- At least the first installment and special assessments are due to the City Treasurer by January 31st.
- Personal Property Taxes are also due in full to the City Treasurer by January 31st.
- You may pay your taxes in person at City Hall during office hours. After hours payments may
dropped off in the City Hall drop box in the front of City Hall. You may also mail your payment.
- Currently the City does not accept credit cards. You may contact the Kewaunee County
Treasurer's Office at (920) 388-7131 to pay your tax bill via credit card. There will be an additional
charge for this.
- The second installment is due by July 31st to the Kewaunee County Treasurer. The City of Algoma
DOES NOT collect the second installment payment!
Children ages 12 through 17 are required to obtain a work permit upon being hired by an employer.
A work permit maybe obtained at Algoma City Hall during normal business hours. To obtain a work permit the following is required:
- The child obtaining the permit MUST be present to sign the actual work permit
- One of the Following: Birth Certificate/Baptismal Certificate/Wisconsin ID Card/Drivers License (A
Temporary License is acceptable)
- Social Security Card ( Copies will not be accepted)
- A letter from the employer stating what the child's job responsibilities will be
- $10.00 fee - if the employer does not provide the $10.00 fee up front, the $10.00 should be
reimbursed on the first paycheck.
All children are required by Wisconsin Law to have a work permit BEFORE starting a new job!