NEW FOR 2024! Garbage and Refuse and Recycling Collection Services
ATTENTION: Going Garbage & Recycling, Inc will be the new residential collection company for the City of Algoma. The change is effective 1/1/2024!
The first day of collection will be WEDNESDAY, January 03, 2024 due to the holiday.
- New bins (one recycling and one garbage/refuse) will be delivered by the Public Works Department the week of December 18th (Weather Permitting!). Bins are only being delivered to single family and multi-family of four (4) dwelling units or less. Any multi-family dwelling 5 units and over will not receive bins. Businesses will not receive bins.
- Continue to use your current GFL bins until after the WEDNESDAY, December 27th collection.
-Collection service will continue to be on Tuesdays. Bins must be out to the curb by 6:00 am. Watch the calendar enclosed in the tax bills for collection date changes due to holidays. A 2024 Municipal Services Calendar will be posted online in December. Additional copies will be available at City Hall.
- An additional bin can be obtained by calling Going Garbage & Recycling Inc. at 920-854-2114. Going Garbage & Recycling Inc. will set up a subscription billed to the homeowner directly.
BUSINESSES or MULTI-FAMILY DWELLINGS OF 5 OR MORE UNITS with bins currently:
- Bins are only being delivered to single family residential dwellings and multi-family dwellings of 4 units or less.
- Going Garbage & Recycling Inc. has options for businesses or multi-family units to contract with them directly for collection services. Please contact Going Garbage & Recycling, Inc. at 920-854-2114.
Going Garbage & Recycling Inc contact information:
Phone Number: 920-854-2114
Phone Number dedicated to City of Algoma bin repair, replacement, or missed collection: 920-695-6950
GFL Environmental will continue to service the City of Algoma until December 31, 2023. Please continue to call them for bin repair/replacement at 920-983-3341.